What are the later living design and planning requirements?
- Use class C2 Retirement village.
- A later living village feel with a housing mix of generously sized 1 and 2 bed apartments.
- 5,000 to 7,500sqft of lounge, amenity and clubroom space.
- 24 hour staffing to provide assistance but not care, and to facilitate the programme of events.
- Optional care hours packages for cleaning and personal hygiene needs as well meals on site.
- A wellbeing suite including exercise studio and physio rooms with a programme of activities including anything from pottery to stretching classes.
- Wheelchair accessible throughout with mobility scooters for rent, on-site parking, electric car charging and easy access to public transport, local amenities and town centre.
- A lifestyle choice with independence designed in.
- Technology enabled emergency call and 24 hour Concierge.
Note: Planning Consents ordinarily do not require an affordable contribution unless a local authority has a specific policy for affordable housing under EC2 use, which is rare.