Block Management Archway
As a specialist Block Management Company we are operating in Archway.
History of Archway
Archway is an inner-city district of the London Borough of Islington, in Greater London. It is located around 4 miles (6.4 km) north of Charing Cross on the edge of the city. The area takes its name from the Archway Bridge, which carries Hornsey Road over Highgate Hill.
The origins of the name Archway are uncertain. It may be named after the nearby Tyburn Brook, which ran underneath the archway bridge and through what is now Archway station. Another possibility is that it was named after a local landowner called John Bayley, who built a brick arched gateway leading to his house called Bayley’s Mount, which stood on the site of the present-day Archway tube station.
The Archway area has been inhabited since prehistoric times. In the Middle Ages, it was part of the manor of Highgate, which was owned by the Bishop of London. The area remained rural until the 19th century, when it was developed as part of the suburban growth of London.
New developments in Archway
The London Borough of Islington has seen a number of new developments in recent years, with Archway being one of the most up-and-coming areas. A number of new residential and commercial developments are planned or currently underway in the area, which is benefiting from significant investment.
Some of the most notable new developments in Archway include:
- The Old Fire Station: This is a mixed-use development of 49 flats, including 12 affordable homes, as well as new commercial space for small businesses. The development was completed in 2017 and was designed by award-winning architects MacCormac Jamieson Prichard.
- Hornsey Town Hall: This Grade II listed building is undergoing a major redevelopment to create a new cultural and community hub for the area. The project includes the refurbishment of the historic town hall building, as well as the construction of new homes, office space, a hotel, and a range of new public spaces.
- The Archway Tower: This mixed-use development comprises a 22-storey residential tower, as well as new retail and office space. The development is currently under construction and was completed in 2019.
- The Old Theatre Workshop: This Grade II listed building is being redeveloped to create a new home for the Arcola Theatre, as well as new homes, office space, and a cafe.
These are just some of the new developments that are taking place in Archway. With so much investment and regeneration taking place, Archway is fast becoming one of the most up-and-coming areas of London.
The property is located in central London; it is a stylish self-catering accommodation featuring a garden with a patio, as well as free WiFi access throughout. The property lies 300 meters from Archway and 1 km from Highgate. This bright apartment boasts a garden with a patio and comprises a living room with a flat-screen TV and a DVD player, as well as a fully equipped open-plan kitchen with a dining area. It has a bathroom with a bathtub and a shower, and laundry and ironing facilities are available as well. Guests can prepare meals in the property's kitchen, equipped with an oven, a stove, and a microwave. There is an array of cafés, pubs, restaurants, and supermarkets within a 10-minute walk from the property.
What our CEO, Mary Anne Bowring, likes about Archway
Visit the Freud Museum: This museum is located in the former home of Sigmund Freud and is dedicated to his life and work. The museum contains a number of Freud's personal belongings, as well as a collection of artworks.
Take a walk along the Regent's Canal: This canal runs through north London and is a great place to take a stroll. The canal passes through a number of interesting areas, including Little Venice, Camden Lock, and Regent's Park.
Archway is a vibrant and diverse area with plenty to see and do. Whether you are interested in history, the arts, or simply want to enjoy the great outdoors, there is something for everyone in Archway.
Things to do in Archway
There are a number of things to do in Archway.
Explore Highgate Cemetery: This cemetery is one of the most atmospheric in London and is the final resting place of many famous figures, including Karl Marx, George Eliot, and Douglas Adams.
Visit Kenwood House: This historic house is located in Hampstead Heath and is well worth a visit. The house dates back to the 17th century and has a superb collection of art, including works by Rembrandt, Vermeer, and Turner.
Visit Keats House: This is the former home of the Romantic poet John Keats and is now a museum dedicated to his life and work. The house is located in Keats Grove and is open to the public.
Explore Hampstead Heath: This large park is one of the best green spaces in London and is perfect for a summer's day. The park has a number of ponds, woodland, and meadows, as well as spectacular views of the city.
As well as being home to a number of attractions, Archway is also a thriving cultural hub with a diverse range of bars, restaurants, and shops.
- The Boogaloo: This iconic music venue has been a fixture on the London music scene for over 50 years and has hosted everyone from The Rolling Stones to The Clash.
- The Lexington: This bar and music venue is located on Pentonville Road and is well known for its excellent range of craft beers. The Lexington also hosts a number of live music events and DJ sets.
- The Albany: This arts centre is located in a Grade II listed building and offers a variety of events and activities, including theatre, comedy, and live music.
- Aya: This Turkish restaurant is located on Archway Road and offers a delicious range of meze, kebabs, and grilled meats.
- Zaika: This Indian restaurant is located on Highgate Road and offers a mouth-watering selection of curries, tandoori chicken, and naan bread.
- The Archway Tavern: This pub is located on Junction Road and is a popular spot for a pint or a game of pool. The pub also has a garden area which is perfect for summer days.
Whether you're looking for a night out on the town or a quiet meal with friends, Archway has plenty to offer.
Archway is a great place to live, work, and play. With its convenient location, diverse range of things to see and do, and vibrant cultural scene, it is no wonder that this area is becoming increasingly popular.
What local People said...
Top 3 Block Management Companies in Archway
1. Ringley Group – specialising in the block management of residential and mixed buildings, based locally in the Borough of Camden.
2. David Andrew Estate Agents - located at 90 Highbury Park, London N5 2XE
3. JTM Homes Ltd - located at 695 Holloway Rd, Archway, London N19 5SE
Our Asset Management Team
The key to our success is our people
Contact us today
Contact us today to discuss how we can assist with your build to rent requirements.
1 Castle Road
London, NW1 8PR
0207 267 2900
11 Swan Street
Manchester, M4 5JJ
0330 174 7777
122 West Bute Street
Cardiff, CF10 5EN
0330 174 7777
To get in touch with us, use the form below.
Pym Court, Cambridge
A development of 90 flats over 4 blocks. We have overseen remedial works to cladding areas, inadequate internal compartmentation. We are now dealing with other fire safety deficiencies.
Prospect Place, Cardiff
982 homes in Cardiff Bay. We have weighed up options for failed brick slips, compartmentation, fire doors. Building Safety application lodged, developer on site remediating cladding.
Avante Court, Kingston
86 homes in Kingston where the owners had no recourse to developers. A series of EGMs were used for compartmentation works and fire safety upgrades. Member’s contributions were used to raise monies fast.
Agar Grove, London
Acting for Freeholder on this development, beset by significant structural heave movement damage and water ingress problems. We are appointed as advisers, liaising with leaseholders.
Lime Tree Place, Witham
LIME TREE PLACE
99 Flat conversion suffered pressurised water supply failure, resulting in flood damage to over 50% of the apartments. Appointed as Contract Administrator, we have lead the strip out.
Langley Square, Dartford
728 homes, 4 RMCs and a host of compartmention woes leaving owners at a loss. We have worked with the developer to get professional experts fees paid and hundreds of thousands of pounds of remedial works done.
Client Fund Debtors
RFAS has cleared £763,3955 worth of debtors. Recoveries are as follows:Chauser Place-£17807.92-From ATLAS BMC Ltd ,King Regents Place-£16,972-British Gas,Heia Wharf Block C-£9,492-Ground Maintenance.
Fastest Service Charge
The Accounts has been circulated within 6 months and No Section 20B notice has been served - Northiam Management Limited as RFAS main objective is to issue the accounts within 6 months from financial.
5 Years of Accounts Cleaned
Due to diminishing lease, the freeholder expenses cannot be recovered. There was also a variance on each service charge, thus the accounts were unfinished. This year we shortened the accounting period.
Recovery of Arrears
Ringley Law was instructed on the recovery of service charge arrears totalling circa £53k from a commercial property spanning 3 units. We have successfully recovered majority of the arrears in excess of £42k.
Property Litigation Dispute
A litigated matter involving multiple disputes over the course of 4 years. A proactive approach was adopted and Ringley Law was successful in recovering £10k and continue to resolve remaining disputes.
Breach of Lease
A breach of lease matter was attended, as the owner refused to respond to communications from the Managing Agent. Ringley Law engaged with the owner. The breach was remedied within 24 hours.
Valuation for Secured lending purposes of £11.50m portfolio including shops, offices and residential. The instruction required inspection, measurement and valuation for seven properties.
Valuation for accounting purposes of £750,000 portfolio including shops and residential. The instruction required inspection, measurement and valuation for seven properties located around north London.
A Bank lending Valuation. The instruction required assessment of end values and development costs of a site with planning permission for 11 detached and semi-detached houses with underground parking.